Colombia


Advertisement
Colombia's flag
South America » Colombia » Cartagena
May 26th 2010
Published: September 11th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Since we arrived in South America we spent over in a month in Colombia where we mostly spent our time catching up with friends and family and Chris took the opportunity to take some Spanish lessons. We also went to Cartagena where we finalised all the finer details for the wedding so all we have to do is turn up on the day like all the guests!

After Cartagena we officially started our trip by doing a beautiful 5 day walk through the Colombian jungle in the Sierra Nevada de Santa Marta to The Lost City. It was an amazing and at times challenging experience. Chris said the river crossing, hot & muggy weather and the occasional muddy paths reminded him of Kokoda. We slept in basic but very well set up camp sites that had either hammocks or beds with a great mozzie net that let you sleep like a baby. The trip exceeded our expectations and I truly enjoyed visiting new parts of my home country.

After the walk we spent a few days in Taganga enjoying the beach, scuba diving, kayaking and walking through the tropical Tayrona National Park.



Additional photos below
Photos: 56, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



13th September 2010

Best Kept Secret
It's great to see others are discovering the truth about Colombia. It's one of the world's best kept secrets today. If you are interested in relocating to Colombia check out http://relocationcolombia.com

Tot: 0.042s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0216s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb