Cartagena and Playa Blanca Barú Island


Advertisement
Colombia's flag
South America » Colombia » Cartagena
July 11th 2018
Published: July 12th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Day 1 in the sun saw quotes such as “it doesn’t feel too hot” “I’ve definitely felt hotter sun than this” “ I’m worried I won’t get a tan” please see attached photo of Hayley looking much like Love Island’s Alex

After Pineapplegate, today’s choices were imperative.

Found a place to watch the football, headed back to the pool.



El balcón provided us with 241 strawberry margaritas with a view over San Diego square. One would always expect a Michael Jackson impersonator as entertainment Along with Spider-Man too of course. There was also some brilliant singing and dancing giving the square a tremendous atmosphere.



A storm and a power cut the next morning I thought was a sure sign England would lose. But in the spirit of being with my English friend, I “promised” to support them.

Another round of Wacky Races to get to Playa Blanca, a bus likely produced in the 40s meant an hour of squeaky bum time.

On arrival, a little boat took us to a more secluded beach, where Paula and her friend were waiting to give us a full body massage. We weren’t arguing with them. Again, see attached photo.

After being well looked after with Coco Locos, our boat left just as England was starting making their excuses, and back we went for a tapas tea at the hotel.

Only one fact today:

Football is not coming home!



Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.035s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb