Day 43 & 44 Bogota, change of plans, slight setback and the Amazon rain forest


Advertisement
Colombia's flag
South America » Colombia » Bogota
July 11th 2015
Published: July 12th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Further delays expected before the bike is ready to pick up in Colombia: unfortunately yes :-(



We spoke yesterday with the local Cartagena shipping agent, who will be helping us to clear customs, file the bill of lading with the port authorities, get through the port police, and the administrative paperwork required to clear the motorcycle in Colombia. Unfortunately, our agent senior Ernesto informed us that we not start the paperwork until Tuesday morning, with the hope of being able to clear the motorcycle on Wednesday. That was not exactly what Zoe and I wanted to hear. It has now been over 10 days since we last rode into Panama City, and I would be lying if I said that I didn’t feel a bit disappointed by the further delay. Having said that, there is really not much we can do right now other than to wait. On the positive side, our shipping agent in Panama has provided us with the name of the vessel carrying our container, and since we live in the Internet era, we track through a website, the real time movements of the ship, as it is currently on its way to Cartagena Colombia. I guess that’s some sort of consolation?!?



Zoe and I decided therefore to seize the opportunity, and do something that we wouldn’t otherwise be able to do once be start riding again. We are taking a couple of days to visit the Amazon rainforest in the southeast most corner of Colombia, at the very border to Brazil and Peru. Why not? We are flying to Bogota today, and will continue to Leticia tomorrow morning. We will hang out for a couple of days at this truly remote small city at the very heart of the Amazon forest, and hopefully get a small glimpse of the vast tropical rainforest, the mighty Amazon river and make a few short excursions. The trip is obviously going to be very short, since we must be back to Cartagena on Wednesday morning, to meet with our local shipping agent and finally (?) clear and pick up the motorcycle.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.135s; Tpl: 0.023s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0925s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb