I resolve NOT to change


Advertisement
South America » Chile
December 30th 2008
Published: September 30th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: -35.6751, -71.543I woke up in the middle of the night and yawned - next thing I know, my face feels like it's on fire! I go to the bathroom and look in the mirror - holy sunburn! My face had these dark spots all over my forehead, my nose, under my eyes ... it looked like somebody deep fried my face! I figured it must have happened while sitting on the beach at Isla Damas yesterday, ev... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 0, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

f1f1
f1

The Museo de Sitio Casa Escuela Gabriela Mistral - former public school in Monte Grande, the town where she was born.
f2f2
f2

Monte Grande's main square.
f21f21
f21

Some of the Chilean landscape reminds me of Spanish landscapes, dry and barren, but with one important difference - no Spanish senoritas!!! It was odd to see a sight like this, tons of greenery in the middle of what is essentially a dessert. They must have some great irrigation system in place here.
f3f3
f3

Yes! Once people were dropped off in Vicuna, I was able to stretch out! Things had started to cool down, so the ride back to La Serena was shady, windy, and cool ... bombing down the highway, listening to music on the iPod, it was one of those "Life is great" moments I always experience while traveling. Truth be told, I've always found U2's "A Beautiful Day" to be a cheesy and contrived song, but it would've been a perfect soundtrack for the ride back to La Serena.
gg
g

The sun was about to set as we left the Jumbo, so instead of walking or busing, we all crammed into a tiny cab and made for the faro. Nik was shafted - it was tight in the back, but being stuck in close quarters with three girls, I wasn't complaining!
hh
h

But poor Nik - he was stuck in the front of the taxi with nothing else to keep him company other than his two knees, which were squished up tightly against his chest!
ii
i

Good times at La Serena's beach.
jj
j

With this picture, I learned one very important lesson - bad lighting can really hide horrific facial sunburns!
kk
k

Our late-night snack of empanadas and fruit juice.



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 20; dbt: 0.0446s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb