A day at sea


Advertisement
Chile's flag
South America » Chile
January 16th 2010
Published: June 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: -35.6751, -71.543

Sailing down the coast of Argentina and now through the Chilean Fjiords, there are naturally a few days at sea between the various ports. How are these filled? Every evening a paper is delivered to the suite to give a list of the activities available. There is something for everyone if you fancy Bridge, Golf, Shuffleboard, Yoga etc. After all the pre cruise pledges to exercise, we looked round the Gym and walked out again. The Casino is not our scene and neither are the Teach yourself Spanish, Cookery, or Jewellery classes . However, we cannot resist quizzes so are regular attenders of the Trivia Team quiz. Our team tends to come 3rd but we have come 1st and have a lot of fun doing it. There is also a daily paper quiz with 20 questions on various topics and so far we have won several. We have even played Bingo and won a few times. What do we get for winning? Answer- points, and points mean prizes. We are well on our way to at least 2 bookmarks! There is a lecturer on board who is terrific. I have been to some really naff lectures on these cruises but the chap we have for this trip does the most wonderful presentations and is really knowledgeable about the history and geography. We heard the best summary of the Falklands conflict we have ever heard. In the evening there is entertainment in the form of a show or in this case a wonderful funny magician, a great clarinettist and a fantastic Polish violinist.

The majority of the time however is probably spent in either the bar or the dining room. The food on these cruises is terrific and joining a different table of people every day is a great way to meet new friends. When we are not eating drinking or joining in activities then it is time to take a turn around the deck being overtaken by the healthy looking joggers or sit out on a sun lounger or on our balcony and read. The day goes amazingly quickly.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



16th January 2010

Looks to us as those this porr little bear is being led astray - we may have to report you:-)
21st January 2010

ah the chilean blue fjord bear looking a bit threadbare but then chronic alcoholism tends to do that to you.Are you guys on the run?Andy Hamson
21st January 2010

"Mines a large one". Paddington said to Che Che.
21st January 2010

ted puzzles a strange attractor
21st January 2010

Bur bearry?

Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0491s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb