studying the Inca tribe


Advertisement
Chile's flag
South America » Chile
January 31st 2015
Published: February 16th 2015
Edit Blog Post

I then learned about the Incas. They came to Chile, taking over the areas with the best mineral resources which they could use for agriculture and mining complexes. They brought with them religion, the Quechua language, the Inca Roads and tambos (way stations)

I saw many cups which the Inca used to drink Chicha from. Chicha is an Andean corn beer and a drink which is still very popular today in Chile, esecially during Andean ceremonies, important events and rituals. The nobility drank Chicha from cups, the cups used indicated their status and were buried with the people when they died. The nobility drank from silver and gold cups whereas the poor people drank from cups made of wood and ceramic or cups made from woven plant fibres. I also saw the Ceramic jug used to store the Chicha. I’m no pottery buff but this part of the museum was very curious especially as Chicha can be found everywhere today.

Chile is divided into far North, near North, Central Zone, South zone and extreme South which were all inhabited by different tribes. I saw some hallucinogenic snuff nits which were inhaled closing off one nostril, like in yoga breathing and psychoactive snuff was used by Shamans in Chile’s far north. In southern zones of Chile the Inca used counting instruments, they used knotted cords to store data - data was stored in quantity, types, positions of knots on primary and secondary cords.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.232s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0706s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb