Easter Island


Advertisement
Chile's flag
South America » Chile
December 11th 2007
Published: February 23rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Easter Island was one stop on our trip that we really had to fight hard to get included in our round the world ticket as it’s not on the main world routes. And we shopped around many travel agencies until we found one that could help us get there on a RTW ticket. We both felt that to reach Chile and not to visit the famous Easter Island which we both had a curious interest in would be a waste.

Szamunkra a Husvet-Szigetet megnezni, hamar a “kornyeken” jartunk, muszaj volt. Alapvateoen ez dontotte el, hogy melyik utazasi iroda ajanlatat fogadjuk el, mivel a Husvet-Sziget jellemzoen nem resze a tipikus RTW (Round The World=Vilagkoruli) jegynek.

We had five days on the island, which was perfect considering you can walk the length of it in one day if you really wanted! And that was the first aspect of the island we really liked, the fact it was so small and remote and that everyone knew everyone there. It’s nice to be a part of a small community, if only for a few days.

5 nap allt rendelkezesunkre a szigeten, ami tokeletes, ha figyelembe veszed, hogyha nagyon akarod 1 nap alatt vegigjarhatod a 24 km hosszu folddarabot. Ezt a jellemzojet csiptuk a legjobban a szigetnek. Olyan elhagyatott (kb. 4000 km a legkozelebbi sziget/szarazfold) es kicsi, hogy itt mindenki ismer mindenkit. Remek csapatunk jott ossze a hostelben es ez megalapozta a jo kedvet.

The main attraction on the island is of course all the Moai statues (huge stone faces) that are dotted all around the island. This was the main reason we came because we were so captivated by these huge faces and the ideas behind them. And absolutely it was worth the visit to see them! There are over 800 statues all around the island and no two are the same. In order to get around the island and see them all we opted for mopeds and headed around the island in a big gang of travellers.

A sziget fo nevezetessege a Moai szobrok (orias kofejek) amik szanaszet hevernek a szigeten. Az ok, amiert mindenaron jonni akartunk, hogy megnezzuk oket es megtudjuk miert is allitottak oket. Es megerte!!! Kb 800 szobor talalhato a szigeten, aminek tobb, mint a fele meg a banyaban vagy annak kornyeken hever. Es nincs ket egyforma kozottuk. Hogy mindent megnezhessunk robogot bereltunk es vegig “bandaztuk” a latnivalokat.

One of the most impressive collections of statues was on the East coast near the stone mine they came from where 15 of them line up next to each other. It’s a magic place, especially at sunrise when the sun comes up from behind them.

Az egyik legerdekesebb szoborcsoport a keleti parton, a banyahoz kozel talalhato, ahol 15 orias szobor all egymas mellett. Kulonleges hely kulonosen napfelkeltekor, mikor a nap a szobrok mogott kuszik az egboltra.

There were a couple of beautiful beaches on the island too and good walking tracks along the cliff edge, but mostly we had easy days on our stay, ending with an almost religious travellers gathing on the seafront with beers to watch the sunset over the statues nearest town. A perfect way to end the day.

A sziget vulkanikus eredetu, igy partja sziklas, ami furdesre kevesbe, am setara kifejezetten alkalmas. Azert nem maradtunk furdes nelkul. Bar nagyon hideg volt a viz, a tuzo nap es a turkizkek viz mindenkit elcsabitott. Alapvetoen a pihenesrol szolt a latogatas. Aminek fontos reszet kepezte az esti naplemente nezessel egybekotott sorozes.

We loved the Easter Island, partly because of the statues, partly because of the island and its people, and partly because we met a great group of people to enjoy it all with.

Mindketten nagyon elveztuk a Husvet-Szigetet. A szobrok, az emberek, es az itt megtalalt baratok miatt.




Additional photos below
Photos: 33, Displayed: 24


Advertisement



Tot: 0.157s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 72; dbt: 0.0731s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb