Just Another Sea Day


Advertisement
Chile's flag
South America » Chile
February 13th 2008
Published: February 13th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Wed Feb 13
Well yesterday was another busy sea day but a good one. The ship was really rocking and rolling yesterday morning and it woke me up a bit early. I was going to update the blog but it was moving a bit too much to chance something falling onto the computer (the remote few down and hit me at one point). The waves were only 15-20 feet but they were longer than those from last week so it was pretty rough. There weren’t too many of us at the 10:00 lecture on Shakelton. It was very interesting though. One of the speakers (Bernard) actually met many of the survivors when he was invited to join the Antarctica club after his first expedition in 1947.

During the lecture the captain came on to update us on the weather etc and said he expected the waves to get worse between 11-12 as he had to change directions to get to the next part of the Fiords where it would then be smoother. Almost everyone decided to head down to their cabins for that hour and wait it out. Then it was time for lunch, a lecture on Chile, scenic cruising of the Asia glacier, and another show with the magician before dinner. Such is the pattern for sea days and today will be similar.

Talk to you all soon.

Sharon


Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.007s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0419s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1020kb