Wine tour Casablanca


Advertisement
Chile's flag
South America » Chile » Valparaíso Region
February 17th 2016
Published: February 18th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Didn't sleep too well so last thing we both wanted to do was start a wine tour at 9am! Alas-had a good breakfast and were picked up by josi (our driver for the winetour) just before 9am! The first stop was at Casas del Bosque which give us a good introduction to the wine making process and allowed us to see how wines were stored in large barrels whilst maturing!we got to try 5 different wines before being whisked away to the next winery-Emiliana. At Emiliana, they explained how the organic process made wines healthy and more flavoursome! It was very interesting as it being an organic winery-they had to use the natural processes a lot more and used chickens to keep away the insects!We get to taste 4 wines accompanied by cheese! We also bought a £3 bottle of sav blanc-bargin!
We were ready for lunch by this stage so we went to the house vineyard where we got a 5 course lunch accompanied by wine-the food and drinks were amazing!!!!especially the dessert!after this we were both tired and slightly tipsy! Our driver left us off at the ecomusic hotel and our room was elvis Presley themed!such a good location up in the hills with lots of lovely restaurants and shops around!we walked around for a while and went to some art galleries! Had a nap then went for sushi at about 10pm as we were both quite hungry!everyone eats here late so the restaurants were very busy!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.356s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.3036s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb