A Weekend to Remember


Advertisement
Chile's flag
South America » Chile » Valparaíso Region » Zapallar
November 2nd 2010
Published: November 2nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Last weekend was Eric and my 4 year anniversary and we decided to spend it camping a couple hours north of Viña del Mar. We left early on Saturday morning not quite sure of how to get to the camping spot. Turns out it was not very difficult and we only had to walk a short distance from where we were the bus dropped us off at. We were very pleased with our camp site, it was out in the woods and very peaceful, except of coarse there was a father son outing going on at the same time as well. They didn´t bother us to much though and ended up giving us a lot of entertainment in the end. After we set up camp we took a walk along the beach of La Laguna and Mitincillo then headed back in the evening to cook dinner.
Before dinner Eric and I went on a little hike up a nearby mountain. At the top there were magnificent views of the lagoon and the ocean. As I was overlooking the ocean Eric was behind me and when I turned around he was on one knee with a ring in his hand saying “Since you don´t have a present for me this weekend, would you do me the honor of being my wife?” And that is how Eric and I got engaged. We celebrated that night with a delicious pasta meal cooked over our camping stove and a nice fire to relax by.
The next day we hoped on a bus and headed to Zapallar. Zapallar is a small little town with hundreds of mansions everywhere. The beach in Zapaller is beautiful and we spent the day laying on the beach and walking around the city. We even saw a private owned hellicopter sitting in the front yard of a mansion. All in all it turned out to be an amazing short vacation and one that we will remember for the rest of our lives.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



13th November 2010

bravo!!!
Well-done, Eric!!! What awesome news! Congratulations, you two. Thrilled for you both; when is the wedding? Glad you'll be sticking around, Tracy. Hope to see you both this summer. Love, Barb

Tot: 0.171s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 56; dbt: 0.1306s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb