Some more pics


Advertisement
Published: May 14th 2005
Edit Blog Post

We made it!!!!We made it!!!!We made it!!!!

We made it, thank god, to the top of the volcano! Carolina, Me, Emily and Kerry. Second row: Beth, Erinn and Marc. Look at the clouds that we are above, and serioulsy nothing behind me but straight down the volcano!
OK so here are some more pics that Beth just sent to me!!! Some are of the volcano we climbed, the hot springs in Pucon and a pic at the vineyard in Mendoza. Im heading to Easter Island (Isla de Pascua) this wednesday until the following monday! We are going to be camping on a beach...so im totally stoked!!!!! I cant wait to see the statues!! I hope you´re all doing fantastic! Love D
ps. Volcano Villarica, the volcano we climbed, is Chile´s most dangerous volcano and has a habit of small eruptions ever so often (I just found out). Also, about 2 weeks after we climbed it, it started errupting causing some of the worst earthquakes that they´ve experienced from this volcano as well as had the town completely evacuated for a bit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.volcano.si.edu/world/volcano.cfm?vnum=1507-12=
pss. Nat and I just found out that we got the Condo, with pool, in Burlington! So come visit us on Hildred Ave., Btown!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

CraterCrater
Crater

Pic at the crater...down below..hot hot hot lava!!!!!! This is where we dying for fresh air after experiencing all the sulfur in the air and then our lungs!
Above the clouds!Above the clouds!
Above the clouds!

So this is how steep it was, even steeper at times. I definitely got a lil lightheaded..thinking I might just fall back and roll all the way down into the town of Pucon!
Waterfall and the girls!Waterfall and the girls!
Waterfall and the girls!

Lindsey, Candice, Erinn, Me, and Beth at one of the waterfalls we visited in Pucon
¿Quienes son estas chicas?¿Quienes son estas chicas?
¿Quienes son estas chicas?

Me, Katherine, Beth and Erinn chillin in one of the thermal springs in Pucon! As you can tell it was a bit sunny and only Beth had her sunglasses! Everyone in the group would dunk themselves in the frigid river and then run to one of the hot springs to warm up!
Una bodega in MendozaUna bodega in Mendoza
Una bodega in Mendoza

Beth, Erinn and me at a bodega in Mendoza....the wine was not tasty whatsoever!!!


Tot: 0.109s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0707s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb