DAY 34; Viña del Mar, Che Legarto


Advertisement
Published: April 6th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Chile or Blighty?Chile or Blighty?Chile or Blighty?

It´s hard to tell...there´s even seagulls!
We left Santiago at 11am and took a 2 hour bus to Viña del Mar. First impressions were not brilliant, bit scruffy. We headed out of the bus station in search of our hostel by foot- it only seemed a small walk from the station. Half an hour and 18 hills later we arrived all sweaty to the hostel.

We checked in then headed out for a walk. Bearing in mind Viña is on the coast and we were hoping for some beach time, it was 10 degrees and actually quite cold so we walked up the coast, stopped for a coffee then wandered around some more for a couple of hours taking photos etc.

Actually not much happening in Viña, maybe because its the low season, maybe because it was cold, I don´t know but we were a bit underwhelmed and decided we´d leave and head to nearby Valparaiso the next day.

We stayed in and made tuna pasta and got talking to Pamela and Christian, a brother and sister from Buenos Aires travelling through Chile for a couple of weeks. They were very friendy and gave me lots of tips for when I go back to Buenos Aires in a few weeks. The four of us sat drinking for a good few hours...then met in the morning on the corridor nursing cloudy heads.

Me and Jenny left and took a 15 minute ride up the coast to Valparaiso to meet some friends she´d met when she was in Buenos Aires a couple of weeks ago, Emily and Emma. With Jenny in need of Anadin and me in need of a nap...I wasn´t holding out much for the remainder of the day...


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Birds crapping all over the rocksBirds crapping all over the rocks
Birds crapping all over the rocks

These ones didn´t fancy Jenny´s arm...
Looks like Spain in the 60sLooks like Spain in the 60s
Looks like Spain in the 60s

I wasn´t there but I can imagine Dell Boy peering around this tree


7th April 2011
Us and the Argentinians

stan@pallmall.myzen.co.uk
keeping going girl see you soon love you loads xxx
7th April 2011

Lovin your blog Jenna. Looking forward to the next instalment! Missing you. Take care xxx

Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 40; dbt: 0.0353s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb