The 2 V's


Advertisement
Published: April 12th 2012
Edit Blog Post

We are baack!! To be honest it's my fault for not writing so long, I apologise but in one respect you can say that I was enjoying the vcays so much!😊

So after a couple of nights in the best hostel to date we were going to make our way to Vailparaiso. We honestly had so my h fun in the hostel and we met so many amazing people there, it was soo good that we planned to be back for the Thursday when they would have the BBQ at the hostel!it was a luxurious bus ride to Valpo as we had footrests and a movie which I did not get to finish but hey u can't have it all.

We were arriving on a Sunday, Sunday = Market Day, chaos, we were not impressed, no directions plus we were looking for a bank to take money out, some unessesary walking but in the end we got there! Took a taxi to the hostel, we had cancelled the one that we have booked from cy for a really cheap one, which was quite funky! It was in an all graffiti neighbourhood , smallish but safe! They even made us breakfast😊.

Toff first day that we spend there was the day we arrived so we did a reconnaissance tour of the area a end went to grab a bite to eat, then we uploaded some photos!

The. Ext day was when Kenta was going to arrive in Valpo , but later in the evening so during that day we strolled in the city and tried to locate the Colour cafe that Carla from the spicy Chile tour had recommended , we failed dramatically to find it, we has been going in circles around a cemetery but thank god we managed to find our way after that.

The houses in Valpo vary a lot,you could shouse rich persons house next to what looked like a hut.Everything was in colour offcourse and graffiti! From what we could see , it seemed like the city was in development and what we foundoutta from the tour the next day is that they are trying to make thecity cleaner and safer!

So we met at the tour with Kenta, which was done by an American who moved to Valpo after he had studied there. He was even featured in Tv for something. Plus he teaches in the university, andfries the free tours, I have to say some people are very driven😊 Anw moving on we found out that Chile reclaimed land and that it was an up and coming superpower country to which the states sort of declared war upon but it was resolved by some clever political from Chile. The firebrigade until now is run by volunteers which is pretty amazing for the community . We saw some great grafittiand ate alfajores, and then walked to Nerudas house, but one great part was where he introduced us to a Chilean artist a novice that does amazing art, who painted a whole facade and the stairs of a hostel!

Vina del Mar was the place to go next day, it was more of a luxury destination compared to Valpo. We walked most of the way, got sprayed by a wave unsuspected that it was going to splash in our face😊 the place to go was the Beach so we satby the beach , we actually slept for some time there , and then we went food searching! Joanna spotted a mall somewhere so we took shelter in the air con. And that was all, there were dogs everywhere I have to say, even by the beach but we had been warned by carla that there would be there.

All in all it was pleasurable and leisurely for us there!next was Santiago hostel and BBQ!! Woohoo 😊 went back and found out that not only they did it had our booking but that they had the BBQ the day before! Quel dommage! They were really good about it and booked us somewhere else for thenight and we were going to return there the following morning before another free tour.

What happened is that the guide did not show up and there was quite a big group there, it was the markets tour, so after waiting for halfan hour we went about ourselves!went back to the hostel and surprise , they were going to have another BBQ! Ah those boys were lovely! All in all it was the perfect ending.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.189s; Tpl: 0.023s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0607s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb