Santiago to Valparaiso


Advertisement
Published: June 15th 2009
Edit Blog Post

So we haven´t been doing the greatest job of regularly posting to this blog, but we also haven´t been doing all that much stuff. We were feeling a bit lazy and tired our first few days here during our time in Santiago. We spent a lot of time walking around and seeing the main sites of the city. We also had a couple of good traditional Chilean meals - beefsteak sandwich with greenbeans and tomatoes for instance. Last night we went to a Kooks concert in Santiago! It was very fun, incredibly loud, and the crowd was CRAZY!! This morning we got up very early (especially considering what time we have been waking up every day since we got here) to take a short bus ride to Valparaiso. It rained all day today and was quite chilly! Yuck! We still haven´t completely warmed up. We made a slight change in our plans to incorporate a 3-day intensive Spanish course here in Valparaiso. We were in a classroom all morning and early afternoon learning basic Spanish and then spent the afternoon walking around the city with our Spanish teacher. We think this course will be beneficial and will help us to get the most out of this experience, but we are very tired right now!! Two days left of the Spanish course, and then we are off to Mendoza, Argentina.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 41; dbt: 0.0364s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb