We want beach!!


Advertisement
Chile's flag
South America » Chile » Valparaíso Region » Horcon
December 18th 2009
Published: December 18th 2009
Edit Blog Post

TerrazaTerrazaTerraza

What we decided was one of the only good things about Concon, our terraza. We sat talking as we watched the sunset, ate a block of cheese with bread and a few bottles of wine. thats the life...
I had an open week between two of my finals so rather than taking the free time to study, my friend and I decided to beach it. I met her at her house with a backpack filled with a bathing suit, book and flipflops. We went to the bus station said, "ok, so where is somewhere cheap, close and on the beach??". We ended up taking buses from one little beach town to the next, most of which werent too exciting to be completely honest. We ended up staying in Concón and Horcon, since there really wasn't anything around there we went to our regular stomping ground- Viña del Mar y Valparaiso. There are pictures in here from that little get away along with some other random pictures from my time here.


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement

Neverending RoadNeverending Road
Neverending Road

We walked from one town to another on the beach but at one point decided to walk up a mountain of stairs and check out the town that we had ended up in... this is the town. Kind of resembles the road in the Wizzard of Oz, no?
FloresFlores
Flores

The town was basically just fields that went on forever. Something I love about Chile- beautiful flowers in all colors pop up in the most random areas.
MoooooooMooooooo
Mooooooo

This was bizarre... cows on the beach. This is on the shore. It was cool besides the fact that the beach didnt smell that great.
AmigosAmigos
Amigos

Two of my really good friends, Jorge and Rene, that are leaving back to Mexico in a few weeks!! :(
Carrete de GorrosCarrete de Gorros
Carrete de Gorros

Hat Party (good theme huh?)! ¨Carrete¨ is Chiles equivilent to fiesta. Everyone in South America says that Chile has its own spanish, which is soo true- words, phrases, etc. that only people that live in Chile understand.
CarreteCarrete
Carrete

We like to party... we like, we like to party...
No taxi? No problem.No taxi? No problem.
No taxi? No problem.

Hitch hiked home after a night out. There was not a taxi in sight.
La VegaLa Vega
La Vega

The huge fruit/veggie market that goes on everyday in el centro. You can literally find ANYTHING here! Love it!
MiercolesPo.y.Adada. 031MiercolesPo.y.Adada. 031
MiercolesPo.y.Adada. 031

Hanging out at the house before going out.
CaballoCaballo
Caballo

We found a horse on the way home, I wanted to go on a horseback ride since they are not in my backyard anymore...
DANCE!DANCE!
DANCE!

Miercoles Po; a party that goes on every wednesday for all foreigners. Im not a huge fan of it, just went this once.
Some RoomiesSome Roomies
Some Roomies

My frenchie and spaniard, Thomas and Juan.


27th February 2010

Miss You a lot
Hey Mac, Hope you are ok from the earthquake (worried). Saw these pictures and the other photos posted on Facebook. You look great and seem that you have settled very well in Chile. E mail me at lonell.larkin@sbcglobal.net or call (415-846-4545) especially if you need a ride home. I will tell Moira about your photos. Love you and take care. Lonell

Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0228s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb