Friday 17 April


Advertisement
Chile's flag
South America » Chile » Santiago Region
April 17th 2015
Published: April 17th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Friday 17 April

After an emotional farewell and a thirteen hour plan journey I touched down in Buenos Aires looking forward to my adventure around South America. After quick taxi ride I found myself in Pichincha, downtown BA, and up to the hostel room of Ben and Henry. I was greeted with the disconcerting news that my bus journey that afternoon was to be 21.30 hours, which brought my total travel time to 35 hours non-stop. The overnight bus wasn't a problem and we woke up in Bariloche the next day. We were so excited to do the White Water Rafting and Horse Riding that we had booked, however some more bad news hit us and both the tour operators had cancelled on us because it seemed we were the only tourists in the town. We were a bit stuck because we had paid for our accommodation and bus tickets out. We passed our time swimming in the lake, planning the rest of our trip (so we wouldn't make the same mistake again), going to the casino, ice skating and watching an unhealthy amount of Louis Theroux documentaries.

We left Bariloche somewhat relieved that we were heading to Santiago. Our accommodation is a family friend of Henry's, a boy who went to Ludgrove and then Eton. The house is amazing. Actually amazing. It is in the hills, looking over the city with a pool and a very welcoming maid. We were greeted with a lovely fresh breakfast and homemade guacamole. Really roughing it this year... The eldest daughter recommended so many activities, so we have filled our itinerary for the next few days. Today we walked up Santa Lucia and we lucky to find that there was a Chilean festival of food and drink. We had barbecued kebabs, asado and enough local lager to wash everything down.

I am very much looking forward to my next few days in Santiago and after that we are going through to Bolivia via the Atacama Desert.

JP


Advertisement



18th April 2015

Ah News.
A great first blog Josh. Shame about the rafting and riding.. So many adventures to come though.. Miss you xx

Tot: 0.159s; Tpl: 0.041s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0371s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb