Stroll in the park


Advertisement
Chile's flag
South America » Chile » Santiago Region » Santiago
April 2nd 2015
Published: April 10th 2018
Edit Blog Post

We woke up pretty early and walked down to Santa Lucia metro station to meet Alexandra and her husband at 10 am. They were free until 1 pm, so we took the metro to the Quinta Normal station, where we would visit the park by that same name. The park is massive, and has many museums inside it. The entrance is nice too and you need to register before entering. I think that is to keep Vagrants out. The park reminded my very much of Gorky Park in Moscow.

We strolled by the little lake with the boats in it and past a nice fountain too. Our first stop was the Museum of Science and Technology. It was about $2.00 to enter. Although I think it is outdated, it was still a good experience.

We then walked around the park more and ended up going to the Artequin Museum.

It is outside of the park grounds and across the street. It also was about $1.50 to enter. I liked it, even though all the art are copies. The highlight really is the building itself. It was used in the 1889 World's Fair in Paris, as the Chilean exhibit. When the fair was finished, they disassembled the building and shipped it back to Chile. We stayed here until 1 pm and then headed back to the metro. We said our goodbyes to our friends and they went on their way and we went on ours.

We rode the metro back to the University of Chile station and went to eat some lunch. We chose a place called La Piccola Italia. It was packed, and I think the great location gets them a lot of business. I had a triple pasta meal, that had two different raviolis and a lasagna. To drink, I had my last couple of pisco sours for the trip. I miss those, and will have to seek out some pisco in the USA. After our lunch, we went back to the apartment and rested a bit. In the evening, we went out for a snack and also got some ice cream. We had the same one as before, the Congo flavor of chocolate with candied orange pieces.

We went back the our place and went to sleep at about 9 pm, as we had an early day the next day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0548s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb