Museums and meals


Advertisement
Chile's flag
South America » Chile » Santiago Region » Santiago
March 31st 2015
Published: April 10th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Today, Alexandra's husband had to work early, so we went to explore the Museo Chileno de Arte Precolombino. My wife had really wanted to see this and I am glad we did, because it was a nice museum. We saw all the exhibits in a couple of hours and learned a lot.

We were meeting Alexandra and her husband for lunch at 2 pm. She knew we had been disappointed about the Doner House, so she suggested a place call Shukran, for some shawarma. This place was in the Bellavista area and was easy to find. The shawarma meal was huge and we could not finish it, but it was very good. The staff there were awesome too.




After that great lunch, we walked around the neighborhood and decided to get some ice cream. We had read of a place called Emporio La Rosa, which had many exotic flavors of ice cream.




Many of the flavors sounded good, but I chose the rose petal flavor and liked it a lot!

Alexandra and her husband had to go in the late afternoon, so we all walked down to the Santa Lucia metro, where they headed home. We then walked back to our place to rest up.

In the evening, we walked down by the University of Chile metro and explored a bit. We found a restaurant we had heard of, called Bar Nacional. We read good things about it so we ate there. It is a really fun atmosphere. The portions are huge, and they have a great bar selection. The wait staff were a lot of fun too and very friendly.

I could only finish half of my meal but took the rest back with us. I did finish my many pisco sours though!

We headed back to our place at around 10 pm and went to sleep.


Additional photos below
Photos: 24, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.117s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0806s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb