Hola Chile!


Advertisement
Chile's flag
South America » Chile » Santiago Region » Providencia
November 5th 2012
Published: November 10th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Hola Chile!

I may have stuffed up the time zones when I set the alarm which caused a flurry and I crashed again but Rochelle not realizing my error got up, got ready and then had hours to spare...... sorry Shell.

After a short flight crossing the Andes again -note we both crashed out before take off and spent most of the flight comatose, it seems those late nights are catching up with us - we touched down in Santiago.

We spent the afternoon pounding the pavement and took in a great many sights, the first being Bella Vista where the uni is located and the streets are lined with students drinking and eating cheaply to the background of music and grafiti art. We met a gorgeous girl from Easter Island at our lunch spot who drew us a walking circuit on our map, offered us use of her Skype, showed us where to eat and the cheapest way to do day trips to the coast. We followed her suggestions to the letter and a great time was had despite the heat, intense sun and that we were wearing jeans.... doh!

Plaza de Armas was flanked by
historic buildings and vibrant with friends catching up, men playing chess, families strolling and couples canoodling on benches. During the week clowns perform here and we were lucky enough to happen upon one, a great mimic and very very funny - humor does indeed transcend language.

We climbed Cerro Lucia hill, the view from which Charles Darwin claimed was " most striking" and yes it was, with the mountains a spectacular backdrop to the built up city.

More pounding the pavement lead to us discover The Warehouse, a space for up and coming Santiago fashion designers and students, much fun was had as we dragged their clothes over our hot and sweaty selves. One off originals.... who can resist that?

By this time the sun had set, my head was pounding and I faithfully put one foot in front of the other . We dined, with little conversation, little wine (yes really) and no meat in sight, exhausted but impressed with Santiago.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement




Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0432s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb