Patagonia W trek


Advertisement
Chile's flag
South America » Chile » Magallanes » Torres del Paine
December 7th 2013
Published: January 5th 2015
Edit Blog Post

We decided to take our time for the W trek with 5 days and 5 nights. We started by taking a bus to national park entrance from Puerto Natales in the afternoon. Its about a 2 hr journey. Then from there we took another shuttle to get to las Torres lodge. Our campground was next to it. After checking into campground we setup our tents next to a huge tent from a tour company. We did not realize that we were between the mess tent and sleeping tents of guests of this company. This company happened to attract people that have never camped before and had no idea of camping etiquette. All day and night these people kept walking through our tent, shouting at top of their voices, shining bright lights literally into it at night. Anyway we had our prepared dinner, went to sleep hoping for good weather next day to see the towers. Next day was similar to today, cloudy but less rainy.

December 8th 2013

We started off around 8:00 towards the towers. On the way realized that we had forgotten the food packet in tent. So the day is going to be without food. This was also the most challenging of days with ~800m height gain. It was about 4hrs to go up with not much views to see. When we got to the towers it got a bit cold and the towers were covered in clouds. Since we had lot of time we decided to hang there waiting for clouds to clear. After maybe 30 min or so the clouds cleared a bit giving a glimpse of the famed towers. We were not really wowed being spoiled by the Alps 😊. The way back was also uneventful, except for the fact that we were starving.

We had dinner at the refugio. It was swiss prices but neither swiss quantity or quality. After the dinner we had hot shower, highlight of the day and unexpected amenity at the campsite that justified the price. Next day was off to campo italiano, a more primitive site. If today was suppose to be any indicator of views, its going to be completely awesome 4 days.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.292s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0724s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb