Torres Del Paine


Advertisement
Chile's flag
South America » Chile » Magallanes » Torres del Paine
January 9th 2009
Published: March 13th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We spent 3 days and 2 nights here and done bits of the famous W trek, which was enough really. We got picked up from our hostel in Puerto Natales and got to the park entrance. We treked 8 hours the first day to the tower base view point which was pretty amazing. We spent the night in the refuge just by the entrance which was nice and cosy. We had dinner there which was good - lamb soup for starter! Boucs and I kept asking the waitress for more and ended up with three portions!
We spent the second day treking in the French Valley for 7 hours and camped there the night as it was cheaper than the lodge. By the time we got back from our trek, and by the time Boucs finished showering, the kitchen had closed, but in true Nick & Boucs style we decided to go in there anyway and cook our pasta - we busted their balls!
The third day we got up really early and treked to the Grey Glaciar before coming back and catching our bus back to Calafate in time for one last Parrilla!
Managed to find a flight to Buenos
Torres Del PaineTorres Del PaineTorres Del Paine

Me at the Tower Base view point
Aires - see you there!

(I got wicked pictures of Torres del Paine - will put them on soon)


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Torres Del PaineTorres Del Paine
Torres Del Paine

The French Valley


Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.055s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb