Rio Fuy Excursion


Advertisement
Chile's flag
South America » Chile » Los Lagos
February 23rd 2007
Published: February 26th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Rio Fuy Put-In RapidRio Fuy Put-In RapidRio Fuy Put-In Rapid

The Put-in Rapid on Rio Fuy (Bridge)
Today was a road trip through the Lakes district and a run down the Rio Fuy. The drive was about 2 hours long (each way), but well worth it. Especially the side shows! THis put-in rapid was not as tough as it looked, though the one on the bend was. A few more kinda pushy rapids and we were happy to be following the Longs. Lots of work on S-turns, some good boofs (a few of which I skipped), and some longer splashy rapids. We ended on Lago Panguipuilli.
But as I mentioned, the fun was getting there.
This is why you bring Luke, but even Ty’s butt loks big when picking up cars. The Chilean couple who plowed this car nearly off the side of the cliff are probably still scratching their heads about the enormous Norte Americanos who descended from the sky to literally set their car back on the road. One tire was swinging in the breeze when we got there, and they were damn lucky not to have slid down the ravine.
Was kind of like the day before with the cows pulling carts and logs down the roads on the way to the Rio Liucura.
Car goes hereCar goes hereCar goes here

I like big butts! (Luke, Ty et. al. re-placing car on the road. )


Did I mention we DROPPED the trailer off the mini bus on the way home? Well, it dropped itself. Missed the little sedan driving behind us too, which was cool.



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Fuy Rapid con TrenFuy Rapid con Tren
Fuy Rapid con Tren

You can get some idea of the gorgeous color of the water in the Fuy!
Cow, KidsCow, Kids
Cow, Kids

Telephone pole moving equipment.
Cows, BoysCows, Boys
Cows, Boys

Tren, Cow, Chad, separated at birth?


Tot: 0.148s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 50; dbt: 0.1077s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb