Cloudy, rainy and Chile


Advertisement
Chile's flag
South America » Chile » Los Lagos » Puerto Varas
May 20th 2009
Published: May 20th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We left Argentina for Chile on a bus that crossed over the Andes in brilliant winter sunshine. As we got closer to the Chilean border grey clouds covered the sky and a light ran began to fall.

The first place we visited in Chile was a small town called Puerto Varas, which stands on a lake with a couple of volcanoes on the far-shore. Unfortunately low cloud and mist covered the volcanoes. They remain covered for our entire stay.

Donning our wet weather gear we explored the town and it's old German houses and church.

We took a day trip to the next town with the intention of visiting the local fish market and having a seafood dinner. However we got our directions a bit wrong and ended up eating a lovely meal in someone's front room that had been converted into a small eatery.

Leaving Puerto Vara for Valdivia 'the most attractive city in the region' gave us our first glimpse of Chilean sunshine, although it didn't last long and we were forced to put on our raincoats again. How this city can be described as attractive is beyond me. There were only two good things about Valdivia. One was the sea-lions that lived by the fish market and the other was the Kuntsmann brewery which produces excellent German beers. The frolicking sea-lions put a smile on my face and the finely brewed larger kept it there.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Having fun at the Kuntsmann breweryHaving fun at the Kuntsmann brewery
Having fun at the Kuntsmann brewery

I always through I was a boobs man but it turns out I'm a Kuntsmann.


Tot: 0.107s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0513s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb