It's so Nice to be Included


Advertisement
Chile's flag
South America » Chile » Coquimbo Region » La Serena
January 25th 2011
Published: June 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: -29.9008, -71.2448

The warmth. The noisy connectedness of the Latino family. The shared-ness of it all. Big and laughing and talking all at once. That was dinner tonight. A usually pretty quiet affair with everyone tired from the day's doings turned into a gathering straight out of My Big Fat Greek Wedding.

WE LOVE IT!

With Tere usually not getting home from work until 8 or after most nights, everyone's pretty tired by dinner time, but today we had company. Her 2 month old grand daughter and mother are here for a week so they and Tere's mom made 7 for dinner. Seven until Tere's secretary and her husband popped in during desert. Now there's 9 and everyone's talking at once.

What fun. We're just sitting here watching and loving it. They're giving Bob a tease because he has to have a "special" dinner (NOT consisting of the stew the rest of us are devouring) and of his love of butter. There's lots of talk of how his bread's only there to hold up his butter, but it's all in good fun.

The cazuela is wonderful. It includes large pieces of corn on the cob, potato and pumpkin and thin slices of meat. Then you sprinkle cilantro on top and it's delicious.

It's my new favorite.


Advertisement



26th January 2011

New favorite??! Two minutes ago choclo was your favorite.
26th January 2011

Si.
1st February 2011

Sounds like good food. Too bad about your partner who has a little bread with his butter.

Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0601s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb