Day 2


Advertisement
Chile's flag
South America » Chile » Araucanía » Villarrica
December 25th 2012
Published: January 21st 2013
Edit Blog Post

The weather wasn’t too good, cloudy skies with intermittent light rain. No views of the volcano over Lake Villarrica from the front porch of our cabin yet.

Fortunately, it’s still possible to enjoy a visit to the hot springs that are famous in these parts despite the clouds and light rain every now and again. Based on the number of recommendations, out of all the options available we settled on the Termas Geométricas as our destination and it turned out to be a good choice. It was a very nice experience and we all had a very good time. The setting was quite and the way the individual pools were set up, blending in to the natural surroundings. Very picturesque and serene, everything you imagine a good spa would be (not that I have much experience in spas, but I figure these hot springs would receive a universal two thumbs up from spa aficionados).

We then stopped for lunch in Coñaripe, a small little town that was pretty quiet with only one or two restaurants open because it was Christmas Day. Only one other family in the restaurant and they were sitting at the table next to ours. Turns out that they are from Weston, Florida, the town where we lived for two years while I was working in Miami (and where we’d just visited and spent the night two days previously). The male half of the couple was from a town in Long Island, NY not all that far from where I grew up. Small world!

After lunch we did the Siete Lagos (Seven Lakes) circuit, a nice little drive that goes from Lican Ray to Panguipilli and passes by Lago Calafquén and Lago Panguipilli. I’m not really sure why it’s called seven lakes since you only see two, but it’s worth doing nevertheless. Some nice scenery but the sky was still overcast so no views of Volcan Villarrica yet.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0538s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb