Valle de la Luna


Advertisement
Published: July 13th 2009
Edit Blog Post

The change from Bolivia to Chile is startling. The 1st thing we noticed is that the roads are so much better, thats not so difficult though as Bolivian roads are very bad. The second thing was that bars and restaurants in San Pedro de Atacama had roaring fires and were warm at night. The 3rd thing was less good - Chile is much more expensive than Bolivia.
The reason we´d come here was to see the Valle de la Luna, it was worth the detour. The best time to catch it is in the evening as the sun sets. The colours of the Andes changes almost every second as the sun goes down. Our tour got us there in plenty of time to get a good position on the ridge. It was another fantastic experience to add to the long list we already have.
San Pedro de Atacama is a nice town but very touristy, it was nice - especially the hot showers, after the bleakness of Uyuni and the salt flats but not the kind of place we like to spend too much time.
Next we´re heading back to La Paz in Bolivia but as that journey is too long
Long Way DownLong Way DownLong Way Down

Atsuko looks a little nervous.
we need to choose between stopping in either Iquique or Arica. Iquique gets the vote.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 36; dbt: 0.0323s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb