Arrival in South America


Advertisement
Chile's flag
South America » Chile » Aisén » Monte San Valentin
April 1st 2006
Published: April 8th 2006
Edit Blog Post

After our 12 hour flight from New Zealand we made it here safely, to a warm welcome from Casey´s AFS host family. They wisked up to Los Andes and fed us our first yummy chilean meal.

It was then decided that due to it being Saturday we needed to experience the local nightlife. We had a great night out in a discotech, (chile´s nightclubs) and made it home about 6am, being about 30 hours after we had our last real sleep. Not the best jetlag treatment!

The next day Carlos and Sandra took us up to Portillo, which is a skifield on the road over the Andes to Argentina. This was the first closeup to the massive Andes, and they are hugely impressive!

On Monday Casey and I walked up Cerro de la Virgen this is a cactus covered hill in the city, with a statue of the Virgin Mary at the top, these are found widely across Chile. After this we took a trip to the neighbouring town San Felipe, for an ice cream and took a colectivo home. A colectivo is like a taxi but cheaper because it keeps picking up passengers on the way.




Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.317s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0804s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb