Puyuhuapi and it rains


Advertisement
Chile's flag
South America » Chile » Aisén » Carretera Austral
January 18th 2010
Published: January 18th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Puyuhuapi and it rains on and on. After the sunny day two nights and a day of rain followed. I still wanted to go to the Park with the Ventisquero Colgante. There was only one bus going there. A lot of hitchhikers on the road. It was election day in Chili so not a lot of people were moving. So I got in the bus for the 22km ride. Raingear and food. Water is everywhere so for drinking you do not have to worry. On the road a stop for two Frencg cyclists in trouble. A low tandem bike with a small wheel in front. The small wheel infront made so much turns that they had problem with the tires. And in Chili no good tires were to be found. So their hope was on a trip to Coyhaique. I went walking in the Park. Low hanging clouds and no glacier. I met two Belgian cyclists who were also looking for the glacier but already had lost hope and went on. I went to the lake where the warden who did the boat service was having his day doing nothing because of the bad weather. We were standing there for more than three quarters and bit by bit the clouds were rising. Finally a bit of glacier was in view. I had to be back in time because a friendly warden offered me a ride back to Puyuhuapi.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 55; dbt: 0.045s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb