Lazy ...


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil
December 21st 2010
Published: September 30th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: -27.598, -48.5481

Santa Catarina Island - known for beautiful beaches, lush green landscapes, surfing ... but there would be none of that today! The weather hasn't been cooperating lately, with constant overcast skies and frequent drizzle. Ominous-looking skies led a bunch of us to decide to skip over the beaches today and head off to Floripa's city centre instead.

The city centre is tiny, with a few little squares and churches, and a little pedestrian zone complete with a typical Brazilian municipal market. We eventually ended up at a shopping centre to satiate the shopping needs of the girls, and to also satiate our growling stomachs. So today was a bit of a bust ... there really isn't much to see or do there because again, nobody comes here for that, they come for the beaches and nightlife.



But at least I was able to have a traditional Brazilian lunch of ... Chinese food?!??!?!? Hey, it was the freshest looking place of all the food court joints in the mall! Unfortunately, it ended up being quite expensive - I paid something like 16 Reais (~$11 CAD) for a plate of mediocre Chinese food.

Today ended up being pretty lazy
Municipal Market ... Municipal Market ... Municipal Market ...

Junk, fish, tourist junk, restaurants, and more tourist junk.
... but Floripa is like that - though like every other place in Brazil there is some pretty insane nightlife, but it's kind of a chill place where you often do as little as you like.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Praca XV de Novembro ...Praca XV de Novembro ...
Praca XV de Novembro ...

Massive tree, needing support for all its branches.
The Biggest Snow Peas I've Ever Seen ...The Biggest Snow Peas I've Ever Seen ...
The Biggest Snow Peas I've Ever Seen ...

At least twice the width of what we get back home.
Another Dinner at the Hostel ...Another Dinner at the Hostel ...
Another Dinner at the Hostel ...

Thai food for 12 BRL, you can't beat that! Not the best Thai food, but I've had far worse back home. Curry chicken and a thai mixed seafood dish ... not spectacular, but pretty good.


Tot: 0.042s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0202s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb