A memorable day!


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil
March 5th 2014
Published: June 14th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: -22.9458, -43.1825

Today was the day we were to venture to all of the touristy things of Rio. The stuff that you HAVE to do, but know full well thousands if other people HAVE to do it on the same day!! Deserted places were never going to happen this day!!

Before the day had began I got up early to watch the sunrise as it appears over sugar loaf right outside our window. It did not disappoint!

After dosing for a few more hours it was up and at it! Lucia, our guide, met us outside our apartment and we had a good old matter while we waited for the minibus.

After all of the pickups, we went to a beach further along the coast, where paragliding is famous! It was £100 each to go so decided just to sit and watch them fly

We continued up hill to the tujuca national park. The park itself us huge and is smack bang in the centre of the city we saw some huge blue butterflies and the taunay waterfall, which compared to iguassu was a mere drip but beautiful all the same!

We then headed up to big Jesus! My god it was busy!! So many people and so many rude people, but the panorama over the city and the dude himself were spectacular! We agreed that we were not going to bye pressies for people at home as there is nothing but tat around but we figured we should acquire some tat to remember our day by.... Flip flop brazil/big Jesus key rings! How cool are we!!!!!

We headed out towards Santa Teresa where a dude in the 90s decided to tile some of the steps and he ended up collecting tiles from around the world that people sent. We found a welsh one, a London one, a princess Di one, Simpsons, Tom and jerry! It was truly mental!!

After a big buffet lunch we were dropped off at sugar loaf mountain. There are 2 cable cars to get to the top.... But what a view. Due to the change in the weather there was no spectacular sunset but it was special enough to be up there with 2 caipirinhas. We sat on a chair and watched the darkness fall on rio and the lamp lights lit


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.216s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0441s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb