Raph's pad!!


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil
February 20th 2014
Published: June 14th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: -3.0616, -60.0516

The flight into Manaus was cold!!! Stupid airline refrigeration!!! On arrival, yet again, our bags were one of the last ones around the conveyor belt! Any other flight would be manageable.... But this one without our bags would be impossible!!! After thankfully retrieving our luggage, we went out of the area to find lots of people with name plaques, but none with ours.... Eeeeek! Then a dude strode up to us 'James and Laura' had held out for a firm hand shake and perfect English! Phew!!! This was Raphael!!! He is the dude that is sorting out the hospitality for the world cup oEnglish players friends and family on his patch! He is a very proud man!

He drove us the 20mins to our 'hotel/hostel' via the stadium where England will be playing in the World Cup for James.... And made sure the people at reception gave us a nice room with air con!! See pictures!!! Not really the ritz, but for one night it was somewhere to get our heads down! I am pretty sure it was in the red light district by the 'don't get std or aids, wear protection' sign on the wall too! AMAZING!!

Good night.... Sleep well?????


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.163s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 40; dbt: 0.0399s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb