Iguassu Falls


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil
February 4th 2008
Published: February 4th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Iguassu FallsIguassu FallsIguassu Falls

This was take as our plane flew over the Falls
Iguassu Falls October 29 - 30 , 2006


It’s natural to want to compare places or things so that we can place them in perspective. With reference to famous water falls there is our Niagara Falls, Victoria Falls in Africa, Angel Falls in Argentina and Iguassu Falls in Brazil and Argentina. Iguassu Falls is located right on the border of Argentina, Brazil and Paraguay. It is in a national forest, with only one hotel in the park on the Brazilian side and one in the Argentina side. In terms of comparisons with Niagara, they can’t be made. Iguassu is much more wild; the fall is 75 meters versus 50 meters for Niagara, the number of falls at Iguassu ranges from 175 to close to 300 depending upon the amount of rainfall versus 2 falls for Niagara. There is also one other important difference, when we were there the temperature was 38C and the humidity was close to 90%. The Falls are a long narrow canyon with water poring over multiple locations, down to a wide river with large rapids.

Mare and I took a 2 km walk along and down the canyon side to obtain a number of
Iguassu FallsIguassu FallsIguassu Falls

There are so many individaual falls that the number changes with the river level.
different photos. You can imagine in 38C how we were feeling, however we soon cooled down when we took a twin engine inflatable boat ride up the river. In addition to the spray from the river the pilot drove us under one of the falls for a quick cool-down.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Iguassu FallsIguassu Falls
Iguassu Falls

This is the type of boat that we took up the rapids and under one of the falls. It was soo hot and humid that going under the fals was refressing.


Tot: 0.295s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 20; qc: 71; dbt: 0.0821s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb