where´s the backpackers


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil
December 13th 2006
Published: February 2nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Maceio

11th December - 13th December

Maceio´s greatest gifts are the beach fronts of Ponta verde and Pajucara, where jade-coloured water laps beaches lined with palms and brightly painted jangadas (traditional sailboats), and locals weave their evening walks between thatched-roof restaurants and futbol courts....sorry, stole that colourful description straight from Lonely planet.



Maceio was beautiful. though not really a backpacker stop. very family orientated and laid back. beautiful beaches wherever you go. i loved taking a run along the shoreline and watching the sunsetting on the beautiful waters, occasionally stopping to refreshen with a fresh coconut drink straight from the coconut.



to explain how quiet it was- i stayed in The HI hostel there, where i was the only person staying both nights in the 6 dorm room!




Got on a tour bus that visited the picturesque beaches of Praia do Frances and Barra de Sao Miguel. among the most beautiful beaches i had encountered in Brazil, which is suprising the backpacker presence was absent.



i ended up meeting a group of 4 Brazilian girls on the beaches there, who were travelling there also. they took me out that night and we partied together, dancing forro and drinking caipirinhas. and taking cheesy photos with a sailor with hooks?!



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

ponta verdeponta verde
ponta verde

where i would take my afternoon runs


2nd February 2007

More Photos!
Photos of the girls needed... :)

Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 19; dbt: 0.027s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb