Sao Paulo and Buzios


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » São Paulo
March 5th 2013
Published: March 20th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Hi everyone hope your all good,

So we arrived in Sao Paulo after an interesting over night bus trip. We decided to pay the extra to take the nicer more expensive bus to Sao Paulo as we heard it was more comfortable. When we got on we were glad we did as we had lots of space. But at 3am our bus broke down in the middle of nowhere. Thankfully another passing bus took us on board and brought us to Sao Paulo but the bus was tiny and so cramped with no leg room but we were all so exhausted we slept anyway. When we arrived at the bus station we were refunded the extra money we had paid for the nicer bus so turned out OK in the end lol.

We took the metro and followed our directions to get to our hostel and again Laura did well haha we booked 4 nights in WE Hostel Design which was such a lovely hostel. Its in a huge mansion in a very nice area in Sao Paulo, the rooms were a little on the small side but each bunk bed had a lamp, socket and locker which is brill, it was spotless had a great kitchen and really nice common areas. We didn't do a lot while we were here, we took a walking tour around the city with a lovely guide but we really felt nervous even with our guide every time we crossed around for example she would pull her bag in beside her. We met some great people and cooked and had drinks at the hostel. We spent time in the nearby park visiting museums. Ians highlight was our visit to the football museum which was fantastic.

After a great 4 nights we took our last over night bus to a famous beach town in Brazil called Buzios. We arrived very early in the morning and headed straight to our hostel, which was awful......we didn't spend much time there haha there are these cool mini buses that drive the whole length of buzios and you just pay R$2 and jump on and off where ever you like, they come every 2 minutes so it was really easy to get around. We spent our time chilling on the beautiful beaches, exploring the small town and eating out in nice restaurants. It was a lovely holiday spot and apart from the hostel we loved every minute of it.

Our next stop is our final stop on our trip RIO!!! We are really looking forward to it.

Chat soon,

Laura and Ian xxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0215s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb