Sao Paulo


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » São Paulo » São Paulo
June 8th 2009
Published: June 17th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Sao Paulo



So on Friday 22 May we went on from Rio to Sao Paulo (via a day-trip to Ilha Grande, photos to be provided later). We arrived then in Sao Paulo on Saturday morning, where we first had a sleep after a busride that was not too comfortable.

Some people might not tell the best stories about Sao Paulo as it is somehow said to be a just a big business-city in which everyone is in a hurry all the time. Ok, that might be the one side of it, but however, with the other better sides I really like the city. Life there actually is very vivacious in a positive way... of course we are in Brazil 😉 Beside having a good nightlife (reportedly better than Rio) Sao Paulo has a good cultural life to offer... including good football which I will have to experience another time.

We also met up with our friends from Sao Paulo we met in Rio - of course they improved our stay in Sao Paulo essentially. Thank you for that!!

Quite impressive is the size of the city. It's huge in all dimensions and accordingly there are a lot of things to see and do. But to me one of the nicest experiences there are the nice people. They are generally really open-minded, relaxed and come up with a good sense of humour. I also like the Brazilan way of how many people are meeting up, enjoying their life and showing their good mood, dancing to the good music played by the life-bands around everywhere especially on a saturday afternoon. It's fun there!

To sum it up: Sao Paulo is a cool city!

Best greets!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 35, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Edificio MartinelliEdificio Martinelli
Edificio Martinelli

the city's first skyscraper, modelled on New York's Empire State Building


Tot: 0.117s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 66; dbt: 0.0713s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb