And the Shenanigans begin...


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » São Paulo » São Paulo
February 14th 2009
Published: March 6th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Before meeting up with team Shenanigans, we headed out for one last great dinner in Curitiba. All you can eat Brazilian BBQ, home delicious meats and the Brazilian favorite Corozao de Frango, (chicken hearts) yum. After the chicken hearts we headed for Sao Paulo to meet with some more Brazilian friends and anxiously await the arrival of our American buddies. Forro club, Samba-Rock, & Futebol game number two under our belts, we wake up early to meet our friends at the airport. Amazingly, all but one made it no problem. Anyone who has met him will understand that Scot somehow managed to completely screw up his flight. After waiting a couple hours for the little guy's arrive, we make our way to Maresias.

Maresias is a small beach town a couple hours outside of Sao Paulo playing host to beautiful beaches, chill bars, and bathwater in the ocean. Days were spent with caparinhas in hand, feet in the sand, and spending hours in the crystal clear water. After the guys became adjusted to the Brazilian way of life, things changed when we arrived in Rio de Janiero.

Goodbye chill beaches, hello crazy Rio during Carnaval. Just trying to walk down the street in Ipanema was a chore. Carnaval is pure insanity. Words can't describe it, you really need to see it for yourself, but be prepared. We did some tourist things such as Gandola up to Sugarloaf for a great view of the city and checked out the Corcovado (Jesus Stature). However, Rio knows how to party. Parades, beach parties, and general nonstop fun takes captive of the city. Not sure if it was just because of Carnaval, but Rio will not soon be forgotten. It was great hanging with a bunch of our buddies down in South America after not seeing them for over three months.

Since we had five fresh off the boat photographers, I took a break from picture taking so evidence of these happenings isn't yet in hand.

Advertisement



6th March 2009

Hey you amerizilians
I'm so glad you are loving my country! It' is really great country! Hope you keeping yourselves out of trouble and enjoying these wonderful trip! Take care
11th March 2009

Thanks Adam!
Thanks Adam for meeting up with us and experiencing Maresias and Rio De Janeiro with the group! It was a "legendary time" hanging out with you, Andrew and Lu again and I hope that the remainder of your trip is safe. If I were you, I would probably wonder off by myself to some beach party and potentially get into some trouble (like Fat Tuesday at Ipanema Beach haha). Cheers buddy!

Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0626s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb