Another day in paradise


Advertisement
Published: July 25th 2016
Edit Blog Post

We left the east part of the island this morning with the intention of buying our travel back via bus in 2-3 stages back to Buenos Aires Argentina. Because the ticketing person at the little east kiosk couldn't help us, so we had to take a trip into Florianopolis long distance bus terminal. We decided checking out and taking all our luggage seemed the best option, since we did not know what and when our move south would happen.

So walk to terminal C and catch the 410 back to Terminal A, sum total 3-50Rial per person. From there it was a quick walk to the long distance terminal, where we became increasingly despondent at our lack of choices. Doing the journey in 2-3 stages seemed impossible, so we have bit the bullet and tomorrow at 10-25am we begin a 26 hour bus trip to BA! Semi Cama class, no blankets, food, or full recline!

To cheer ourselves up we found a lovely hotel, eventually, which was only 5 minutes walk from the bus terminal after walking around in circles though deserted streets for an hour. Nothing opens here Sunday morning until midday. 185Rials a night, wifi, all inclusive breakfast for 2, and 5 minutes to the bus terminal.

At 1pm we headed off to go to the south area of the island, via bus Platfrom B and bus 430. We changed at a terminal to get the 462 to Campeche beach, and because we got off the bus one stop too late found a cafe serving Lattes!!!! And it was great and so too were the sourdough baguettes. Cafeina is the name of this wonderful piece of paradise.

Then a short walk to the beach and the very lively restaurants in this area which a built right out on the beach area. The water is very cold, just some brave paddle boarders and a few swimmers were in it, but heaps of people walking, riding push bikes, sitting in the sun, enjoying the views.

We lay in the sun like big lizards, and then adjourned to the cafe for beer, chips and fish bites. We are getting better at reading Portuguse menus, my daughters Spanish is a huge help, most people try to talk some English, people are friendly and want to please in this part of Brazil.

A hint! Most toilets do not allow you to even throw toilet paper in them, if you see a bin near the toilet roll that means out very thing in there!

Tomorrow no blog and the journey to BA and then La Plata.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.248s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 17; qc: 63; dbt: 0.1257s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb