Blumenau/Pomerade & Florianopolis - Brazil


Advertisement
South America » Brazil » Santa Catarina » Florianópolis
February 7th 2015
Published: February 7th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Well one thing I have learned so far travelling in the south of Brazil is that my preconceived ideas about this country were absolutely wrong. Brazil is not only about Samba, football and Rio’s famous beaches; Brazil is a country that has many surprises like all these cities and towns tucked away all over the place where European cultures survive and thrive in a way I would have never thought po... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 53, Displayed: 21


Advertisement




7th February 2015

Florianópolis is amazing. Around the witches there's also the Boi Mamao tradition, that goes back to those bull/cow celebrations in Portugal. The influence is evident even in the accent, very close to accents in Portugal... Identical, I would say. The city also has the Beach of English - a name originated due to a settlement the English founded there centuries ago. As for the beaches, they are crowded, full the tourists from Brazil and overseas, as tourists here always look for beaches: Rio de Janeiro is crowded, in the South, Florianopolis, and in Northeast, in States like Bahia, Maranhao, Ceará, Pernambuco is much more more crowded..... Cause the beaches there are much more disputed by tourists. In Natal, Rio Grande do Norte, for example, in Northeast, the Scandinavians (Norwegians and Swedes) practically control the market related to renting and buying of apartments and houses... Just to you have an idea. About the Ferman cities, yes, they are all Brazilian cities, but they found a way to maintain traditions more than in Germany of today. Same happens to Italians, dill speaking Venetian dialect.
7th February 2015

Is not a Spanish house (in the subtitles). It's an Azoream influenced (Portuguese) house... ;)
10th February 2015
Typical house in Blumenau

Hit the ground running
Sounds like you found a slice of Germany in Blumenau. The beer sounds great. Please leave no nook or cranny undiscovered. The architecture is beautiful.

Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0323s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb