'You look so cute when you sleep, we watched you!'


Advertisement
Published: May 23rd 2012
Edit Blog Post

So, we thought the Brazilian side of the falls were amazing, but we were blown away by the Argentinian side (literally, so much spray!). The falls were bigger, more impressive and we got way too snap happy! (although we waited about 15 minutes for one little lady to move out the way and she wouldnt!) We spent the day wandering the park, checking out all the viewpoints, getting a little train, sunbathing and playing with coates (like racoons, cute but very long snouts!). It was a lovely day, ending in an early night as we were checking out the following morning. The next day we sunbathed by the pool most of the day before heading to the bus station, we crossed the border easily but it then took us a while to get picked up by the next bus, and then found we had to get another! By the time we got to the long distance bus station, it was 5 minutes before we were due to leave, such a close call! The bus journey was very uneventful, we had to watch smurfs in portuguese but that was the only entertainment! As we left the bus we met three english girls, who had been at the same hostel as us, only we hadnt realised! We shared a taxi with them,persuaded them to stay at our hostel, and arrived in Florianopolis easily. However, leaving is not so easy! We orginally booked for 5 nights, then decided to add 2 more, and now another 3, we will only have a few days in Rio, but its so much like paradise here, its not a big sacrifice! Our first night here we took full advantage of the free cocktail every night, and broke our teetotal spell, more cocktails followed and we went out to a bar, having a fairly chilled out night getting to know new people. We shared a room with 2 germans and a american, who were all lovely and very funny (and left little notes in our bed) and also hung out with a couple of irish and some english people, a nice mix, it was also good to see more english people after Argentina. We spent lots of the next day recovering in bed and watching tv. That night we headed out to an RnB club, with a Brazilian celebrity singing, although we had no idea who he was! The following day we chilled at Mole beach, said goodbye to the english girls and had a night of watching films and staying off the alcohol! (besides the free drink obvs). We relaxed by the pool enjoying the sun the next day, most excitingly the barmen Ross allowed us to steal his music and we actually had plenty to listen to on our ipod! As there wasnt much on locally this night, we got on the hostels 'party bus' which has an open bar and disco lights and went to a student night out further into town. This night, more people arrived in our room, a couple of english guys part of a bigger group, who were from Dorset, one from Buckhorn western! Such a small world! (Best of all they did Harry Potter impressions and raved about Legends) Another pool day followed, and we persuaded Cormac to take us into town on the bus, as we didnt trust ourselves not to get lost! We bought some nice snacks and had another film night in with takeaway pizza! Tonight is bbq, and we probably couldn't be more excited for a meal! We havent done that much here, but the weather and location is so nice, its an addictive place, everybody extends their stay! (ie Ross, who has been here for 8 weeks, after 4 they offered him a barman position as he clearly wasnt leaving). First impressions of Brazil are definetely high, but unfortunetly our bank balances certainly arent... a bar tab system is very dangerous!

xoxo

Amelia & Lily

Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0477s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb