Florianopolis (Brazil)


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Santa Catarina » Florianópolis
December 3rd 2007
Published: December 3rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

surfingsurfingsurfing

these were the free boards from the hostel.
Florianopolis

So, we took a bus from Montevideo to Florianopolis. It was an overnight bus, and the bus attendants took our passports and entry forms from us when we boarded. We then woke up in the morning (in Brazil) with our passports stamped and entry forms complete...............no questions asked, no awakening at the border.............easiest border crossing ever. It was also the same deal when we entered Uruguay from Argentina.

When we got to Florianopolis (which is on the Island of Santa Catarina), we boarded a local bus to take us to the other side of the island to a place called Barra Laguna (i think). The island is beautiful and we quickly noticed how active everyone was. Lots of joggers/walkers/surfers/swimmers.

We checked into a hostel that Katie recommended, The Backpackers Shared House, which had free surfboard rentals, kayaks, fishing poles, boogie boards, etc. It also had an amazing breakfast with crepes and lots of fruit. We even got to try the fruit that grows under the cashew nut. Kinda weird taste/texture. Also, the girl who was in charge of breakfast went to Reynolds Highschool in Victoria for grade 11 and 12 (although she is Brazillian and is from Rio de Janeiro).

Chloe and I went surfing EVERY DAY.........and chloe went twice on the last day. Once we got up BEFORE breakfast and went. We also went kayaking in the river, played beach volleyball and socialized lots with the other hostelers. We only spent three nights here but could have spent much longer.

Advertisement



3rd December 2007

Three blogs in one day - what a treat! Love your photos.

Tot: 0.251s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0439s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb