South America so far...


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Santa Catarina » Florianópolis
February 14th 2007
Published: February 14th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hi all,

Well we are finally at an internet cafe where we can upload some photos! We have added some more onto the Fiji entry too so don´t forget to look at those!

At the moment we are in a place called Florianopolis on the southern coast of Brasil. It is a lovely little beach resort with a great atmosphere, lots of seafood restaurant and souvenier shops. Its the perfect place to relax before we head onto Rio on Friday night for the carnival!

So far we have visited Buenos Aires where we spent a week there. Julio met us at our hostel on the first night and introduced us to the late dining that seems to exist throughout South America. There is a great restaurant and cafe culture that exists over here, you head out to eat about 11.30pm and its a real social thing. We were spoilt with steak dinners each night for a mere 3 pounds!

Obviously we did the whole cultural thing throughout the day, struggling to adapt to the new time with our jet lag! We saw sights such as Casa Rosada (where Evita wowed the crowds), the colourful area of Boca (which included a trip around the infamous football ground of La Boca...we are travelling with a guy now!) and Evitas grave. To be honest though, most of the action seemed to happen after dark, with late dining followed by a bar later on. One night we went to a tango show which was absolutely fantastic, it included supper and drinks and you got to see how tango has evolved throughout time.

After our week in Buenos Aires we headed up to the Argentinian side of the Iguassu Falls with 2 Canadian guys that we had met at the hostel in BA. As you can imagine the Iguassu falls were absolutely spectacular, as you will hopefully be able to tell from the photos. We spent one day visiting the Argentinian side where we took a boat underneath the many waterfalls, followed by a walk which allowed you to see the falls up close. On the second day we visited the Brasilian side where the views were much more panaromic, perfect for photo opportunities. Overall a real breathtaking experience!

Kathy and Phil x x


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 60; dbt: 0.0768s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb