Florianopolis and a short stop in Curitiba


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Santa Catarina » Florianópolis
January 8th 2007
Published: February 23rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

BeachBeachBeach

flopo
5 January, Friday... Arrived in Florianopolis, the first real stop in Brazil. Wandered up and down the main street looking for a hostel before finding out that the woman in tourist information had lied to us and there was indeed space in the HI hostel. Checked out the town a bit and searched for a replacement travel guide which turned out to be rather expensive along with everything else in Brazil. Ate pizza and went to a club in the evening which turned out to be miles away and took ages to get to, oh well.

6 January, Saturday... Went to a beach called Melo or something like that. It was well busy, those brazilians do love their beaches, there were also some very large waves that made swimming a real challenge. I got myself thoroughly burnt and then it got cold in the evening and the two hour bus ride back flew by.

7 January, Sunday... Having learnt my lesson about sunburn from yesterday I decided it would be a great idea to go to another beach called Joaquina but cleverly in the afternoon rather than at lunchtime. Well buses aren't that fast and I only got there
CowCowCow

That's about all Curitiba had to offer
at 4 or so and it was raining so we sat in a cafe after a short walk along the beach. No problems getting back from a rainy beach though.

8 January, Monday... Enough sitting around on a beach, time to sit on a bus. Not done that for a while. Curitiba was meant to be nice so we headed there to find it's not all that great, just another city, and all the museums are closed on Mondays. The guidebook makes mention of a 24 hour shopping street of steel and glass... it's just a small and rubbishy alternative to a mall. Don't go there unless you've got time to kill. We jumped straight on a bus to Rio instead of overnighting it there.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.182s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 10; qc: 66; dbt: 0.1013s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb