SA Cruise: Day 4


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Rio de Janeiro » Rio de Janeiro
December 21st 2012
Published: December 23rd 2012
Edit Blog Post

Sugar Loaf MountainSugar Loaf MountainSugar Loaf Mountain

Taken from the ship as it leaves Rio
Friday is a day to relax and recuperate. Violet and I make a systematic tour of the ship. Its layout is typical of cruise ships, with dining rooms at the stern, entertainment areas at the bow, and numerous bars sprinkled throughout. Highlights include a nice library with a coffee bar, a nice bar called the Crow's Nest on the 12th storey with a panoramic view of where we're heading, and ancient artifacts and art objects displayed throughout the ship.

The ship sails at 2:00 pm. In the Crow's Nest there is a wine and cheese send-off with a live band called the HalCats (excellent musicians, but so young). Later we participate in a team trivia game and attend a presentation on Antarctica. Did you know that, even counting passengers on cruise ships, only around 300,000 individuals have visited Antarctica?

After supper, we visit the piano bar, and later Dave is forced to sing with the HalCats at on open-mike session. The evening entertainment is Pampas Devils Gauchos, a couple performing Argentinian dances, who are fabulous.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.151s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 57; dbt: 0.1082s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb