Come on you Irons!


Advertisement
Published: April 24th 2006
Edit Blog Post

The past few days have mostly been spent on the beach, sleeping and watching football. This place lives and breaths the game!! There is football on the beach, the streets and every bar you walk past has a game on. No wonder they are bloody good!

Last night we went to the Maracanã Stadium to watch Fluminense vs Goais. The atmosphere was brilliant!! Massive flags, flares, drums, the lot! The home team won from a penalty taken the end we were sitting in which was great!!

We have a very happy Graham today as we managed to find an English bar that was showing the West Ham game. The Lord Jim in Ipanema. Amazingly 8 or so other West Ham fans had the same idea! Typical me missed the goal as I was in the loo! Come on you Irons!

On Friday we went to give Christ the Redeemer a hug (for you Baxstar)along with the entire population of Rio. Unknown to us it was a Brazillian bank holiday and the place was packed!! The weather was perfect though and Gray aka David Bailey got some good pics.

We have spent most our time on Ipanema beach
Footy madFooty madFooty mad

An inner city pitch .... one kid was playing with one shoe.
instead of Copacabana as it´s nicer. You can find us between the 2 rainbow flags, Gray in his tight speedo´s, greased up and chest pumped...... just
kidding. I´m sure if you checked google earth you´ll see 2 lilly whites on Ipanema beach. All rumours of Brazillians being amazing however can now be quashed as 7/10 women are overweight and the guys look like Ronaldinho! ; ) (so no need for those mirrored shades Chris! : ) )

Having spent a week here we have found the locals to be very friendly and have felt safe pretty much all of the time. As long as you don´t flaunt it.......

Hope all is well back home

Lynny xx

ps. Lynny has somehow managed to get a sunburnt red stripe down her nose! Also, she is a fine one to take the mickey out of my portugese ..... since we arrived she has spoken English, French, Spanish and German !! anything but portugese ;-)

We love it here but are fed up with being tourists in Rio so we leave tomorrow morning and head to an Island called Ilha Grandé. Sorry this is so long but the Lynny-loo shows starts at 7am and goes on all day!

Gray xx

Come on you Irons!




Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

SugarSugar
Sugar

Not a bad view!


24th April 2006

You make me laugh! :-)
Lovin the update and new pictures ("pluck"! hahaha!). Wanna see more pics of you two tho! Missing you lots! M xxx
24th April 2006

Hello there!!!
Glad you both are having a great time...well am and not really hehe!!! Only joking!! Well how weird is this that I am in Beijing China reading your journal which is now 8pm and in Rio it is 10am!! So I have already had my day as you two are starting it. Hope you have loads of fun and cant wait to see the next journal. Bye for now P.s THE MIGHTY SPURS ARE STILL IN 4TH!!!!
24th April 2006

Do you miss me ?
As nice as it looks out there, I'm sure that deep down you'd rather have been dancing in the rain with the rest of us at the Marathon party yesterday (haha). Glad to hears that things are going well guys.
24th April 2006

Ha ha....Mr C!!
Good to hear from you again, I bet the footy was wicked! Yeah some pics of you two would be great please! Lots of love.....have fun in the new place, it looks amazing (been looking it up on tinernet!) Loadsa love Cazza xxx
24th April 2006

HI!
Hey guys! Really glad 2 hear ur having lots of fun! Missing u both lots already! xxxx

Tot: 0.241s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 18; qc: 80; dbt: 0.162s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb