March in Brazil


Advertisement
Published: February 16th 2008
Edit Blog Post

This was the third time I have been to Brazil and this trip was focused on hanging out with my dear friends Berti and Miguel. I was able to finally have time to relax, read and walk in the beautiful surroundings of Rio de Janeiro. We had a rainy beach weekend at the Oyster River which is a beach a couple hours north of Rio. Instead of days on the beach we had fun playing cards in our room and walking the rocks on the beach.

We also went to Tiredentes in the mountains west of Rio for Easter weekend. Tiredentes is a small historic town built during the mining period and the buildings have changed little, but the use is now mostly for tourist enjoying a mountain get away. It is also one of the few places which still has an Easter pageant in Brazil, which was interesting and disturbing. It made me miss my home church and our Easter celebration.

We returned to Rio for Easter Sunday with an Easter egg hunt in their apartment and Easter baskets with wonderful Brazilian chocolates. Overall it was a wonderful vacation of great friends, rest and relaxation in a wonderful place.



Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.139s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0391s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb