Day 7 - Rio De Janerio - Selaron - Santa Teresa


Advertisement
Published: December 27th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Day 7 - Dec 27 - Rio De Janerio - Selaron - Santa Teresa:

Before talking about today, I would like to recap what we did last night. We went to Impanema to have dinner where we had lunch early because they had good chicken meals that I had mentioned a lot on this trips blog. Across the street from the chicken place was a happening bar which created a big impromptu party in the street as people were just standing around drinking and listening to the music coming from the bar. Once we finished our meal we joined the party for a little while before heading back to Copacabana. It was fun and relaxing night.

Today is another relaxing day. In the morning we walked along the beach toward Impanema to do more shopping and got few things to bring home. We stopped at a cafe for a treat since shopping can be so exhausting. I had Vanilla Ice Cream with Expresso coffee pour on Ice Cream. That is the first time I had this and it was very good. Good combination of Ice Cream and hot Expresso. Got back to the hotel around 1 pm, then we decided to go to Escalaria Selaron in Santa Teresa where the arists created a very colorful stairecase using bightly colored ceramic tiles. This is one of the tourist spots that other bloggers recommended so we went to see. Nearby, we walked down the hill to see the Convent Santa Teresa (an old church) in the middle of town. Got back to hotel around 4 pm. On the drive back we came across a little flea market and decided to check it out to get some souvenirs. We then headed to a Kiosk to enjoy the ocean on this our last full day in Rio..

Time to clean up and head back to Impanema for dinner.

Tomorrow is our last day in Rio. We will head to Buenos Aires tomorrow afternoon. Our flight is not leaving until 6 pm so we will have most of the day in Rio.

Here are a few pictures from today.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.229s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 46; dbt: 0.155s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb