Rio - Old Rio Market


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Rio de Janeiro » Rio de Janeiro » Lapa
November 4th 2012
Published: November 9th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Spent Saturday at old rio market, which happens on the first Saturday of every month in Lapa. Was pretty cool, wasn't the full of street music and dancing as we'd been told but was still fun. Then went to see the cathedral which everyone was talking about. It was the single ugliest building I've ever seen. No idea what possessed them to build that but some sort of hallucinogenic must have been involved. We got a little lost afterwards and ended up walking down a street where a friend and I stopped, turned to each other and said 'not going down here'. Got a pretty bad vibe from the area in general so we headed back to the beach. Saw a Redbull slackline competition on the beach which was pretty cool.


Left Rio on Sunday It has been an amazing week there; met so many amazing people and saw some amazing things. Not such amazing food but that's ok though. Had a really fun last night in the hostel. Drinking for a long time with friends and the guys and girls who work at the hostel. Ended up going out in Ipanema after consuming a silly amount in the hostel bar. It was a great way to end my stay in Rio.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 28; dbt: 0.032s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb