Day 5 & 6 - Rio De Janerio: Impanema


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Rio de Janeiro » Rio de Janeiro » Ipanema
December 26th 2010
Published: December 26th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Day 5 - Dec 25 - Rio De Janerio - Impanema:

Christmas day was a a nice sunny day and most things were closed so we decided to make it our beach day. After our usual breakfast in our hotel, we went out to get our beach supplies such as water, money, etc. We decide to go to Impanema beach to layout on the beach. We rented our beach chairs and umbellas, ordered some drinks and watched the world go by. Impanema is a beautiful beach with lots of eye candy! During lunch, we went to have their famous grilled chicken. It sort of like bake/barbecue chickens and tasted very good. This has turned out to be our main meal here. We have tried various fancy resturants near our hotel but did not like much of what we found.

As for our beach day, it was so relaxing. Since it is Christmas here, they had closed Copacabana main streets where they had concert in front of Copacabana Palace hotel. There were thousands and thousands people on Copacabana beach as they waited for a free concert by their famous singer Roberto Carlos that performed at 9:30 pm. He must be very famous singer here because young and old sang along as he performed. Had a dinner at our usual chicken place, watched a little Roberto Carlos perform and then went back to the hotel to call it a night.

Day 6 - Dec 26 - Rio De Janerio - Sugar loaf tour:

Today we decided to go to Sugar loaf mountain to see views of Rio. Sugar Loaf is a tourist spot where you take cable cars to the top of two mountains. After the tour, we took a taxi to Lebron. We walked from Lebron to Impanena to go to the Hippie Fair/ Market. This market happens every Sunday. We got a few t-shirts and some souvenirs. Then, we took their Metro (subway) back to Copacabana beach. That was the first time we used this and it is convenient. We probably will take the Metro back to Impanema to check out their night life tonight.

Got back to the hotel around 4:00 pm then went to one of the Kiosk along the beach to have some drinks and people watch.

Tonight we probably going out to Impanema for dinner and check out the night life there.

Here are some pictures for the past two days.


Additional photos below
Photos: 28, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 15; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0379s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb