Day 4 - Rio De Janerio


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Rio de Janeiro » Rio de Janeiro » Copacabana
December 24th 2010
Published: December 24th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Day 4 - Dec 24 - Rio De Janerio:

We woke up to a sunny day at the beach today. Had our usual breakfast at our hotel and decided our day's agenda. We can see the Christ the Redeemer statue from our room. It looked like it was very cloudy on the top of the mountain so we decided that we should go to Sugar Loaf today. After confirming it was open, we hopped in a taxi and got over there around 10 minutes to 11:00. Since it was Christmas Eve, they closed early - at 11:00! We were bummed out about it so we made a quick decision to try the Christ the Redeemer (One of the new Seven Wonder of the world) - despite the clounds. When we got there, you couldn't even see the satute standing at its base since it was so cloudy. All those beautiful views of Rio were nothing but a big fog bank! Fortunately, as we stood there, the clouds would roll in and back out so we did manage to take some good pictures.

We got back to our hotel around 2 pm. We had asked our taxi driver where is a good place to have chicken dishes. He had recommend a place near by our hotel where all the locals eat. We went there to have lunch and he was right - it was a good grilled chicken. No one spoke english so we did a lot of pointing and nodding to order something. But it was fun and worked out well. Since it was a sunny day today, we went back to Impenema beach and explored more of that area. On the way, I had a few of coconut drinks while Ken is loving is brazilian drink called Caipriahna. He had a lot of these on the way there.

Tomorrow is a Christmas. I am sure most of the places will be close so it will be our beach day tomorrow. Rio is actually putting on a big free beach party tommorrow in front of the Copacbana Palace which is only a block away. We will go check it out.They've been building a big stage ever since we arrived. Should be fun.

Well, it's time clean up and head out for dinner. Not sure where we will be eating.

Here are some of the pictures from today.



Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



25th December 2010

hi ken and steven, good thiing the clouds went away. that happened to me and todd last year too when we went to Rio. We had to come back a day after. Check out their Catholic Church too, it does not compare with those in Europe but worth seeing. Try to go to Petropolis too, it's about 2 hours away from Rio
4th January 2011
Photo 22

WOW
Oh Boy!! This just looks amazing!! I hope you guys are enjoying it all!! I hope someday I have what you 2 have in each other. Definitely great people...and hey thanks again for stoppin in and helping the kids for the fundraiser. Much love...JUNIOR

Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0473s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb