Day 1, 2 & 3 - Rio De Janerio


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Rio de Janeiro » Rio de Janeiro » Copacabana
December 23rd 2010
Published: December 23rd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Day 1 & Day 2 - Dec 21 to Dec 22:

It has been a long journey to our first destination - Rio De Janerio, Brazil. It probably took us a Day and half to get to Rio. We flew from LAX to San Jose, Costa Rica (had 6 hours layover so we took a taxi to Downtown Central Market of San Jose). Not much to see there. Went back to the airport to catch a flight from San Jose to Lima, Peru, then Buenos Aires and final destination Rio. Got to Rio around 4 pm local time. Checked in to our hotel at Copacabana and then went to explore the beach area around our hotel. Rio is very nice place. It's remind me of Hawaii. It's very tropical here. It rained last night but that didn't stop us from walking to the nearest beach kiosk for a light meal and drink. It was interesting to sit there with other tourists and locals as the rain pured down. We then called it an early night as we hadn't slept in days.


Day 3 - Dec 23:

This morning we woke up and had breakfast at our hotel. Lots of tropicals fruits for breakfast. After breakfast, we went for walk from Copacabana beach to Impanema beach and to Lebron Beach Had coconut drinks at Impanema breach. Lebron is very upscale area. Many nice cafes, restaurants and shops. We had lunch at Impanema then started our walk back. It was about 5 to 6 hours walk. Now, I am tired.

Later tonight, we probably go back to Labron to have dinner.

Tomorrow, we will visit Christ the Redemer and Sugar Loaf if the weather is good. Both offer great views of the area and we we look forward to seeing them.

Here are some pictures for the past three days..


Additional photos below
Photos: 26, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



23rd December 2010

¡Qué bonito!
I hope you catch up on sleep in that room of yours with an awesome view. The miles of beaches look great. Are you going to test the water?

Tot: 0.168s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 6; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0777s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb